Recent Books I've Acquired

by - 12:43 pm

Hello there! As it has recently been Christmas, I've managed to get my hands on quite a few books that I thought I'd share with you. Five of these books were actually presents from my Mum and Dad (thank you!!), and the other three were bought with book vouchers that I received at Christmas. I've already read one of them, so I'll quickly tell you my thoughts on it, and I'm currently reading another one. I'll also create links to where you can purchase any of the books and anything you see in the flat lays if I can find them online, so make sure you scroll down to the bottom to find that!


I'll start off with the ones that I got for Christmas. I was very lucky to receive Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon, Beautiful Broken Things by Sara Barnard, Holding Up The Universe by Jennifer Niven, An Abundance of Katherines by John Green and We Were Liars by E. Lockhart. The first three books were on my wish list, and my mum picked out the other two, and I must say she did a good job! I first heard of Everything Everything and Beautiful Broken Things through Zoella's first book club, and they sounded really good so I thought I'd read them myself. I chose to put Holding Up The Universe on my list as well because I had previously read All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven and I thought it was one of the best books I've ever read and then I heard that this book was even better than that so naturally, I put it on my list. I had heard different things about An Abundance of Katherines before I received it, and one of my friends said that she stopped reading it halfway through because she got bored of it, but people's opinions are different, and you never know, I might enjoy it (I'm reading it currently actually, and it's okay so far)!


The book that I have already read is We Were Liars. I took it away with me when I went up to Queensland over the New Year and it didn't take me very long to read. This may sound weird, but I'm still not sure if I like it or not, though I couldn't put it down whilst I was reading, it was an absolute page turner for me. Before I read it, I read the "praise" section at the front, and I didn't understand why some of the reviews said that they started reading the book again straight after they finished it, but now I completely understand why, and I did the same after I was done with it. I'm not going to give any spoilers, but let's just say that there was a shockingly spectacular plot twist that I was not expecting.


The three books that I bought with my Dymocks (a bookstore here in Australia) vouchers were Girl Online Going Solo by Zoe Sugg, Carry On by Rainbow Rowell and If I Was Your Girl by Meredith Russo. I bought Girl Online Going Solo simply because I own the first two books, so of course I wanted to read the third (and final?) one. I was out shopping with my friends when I bought these three books, and one of them recommended Carry On and said it was the best book she's ever read. After hearing that OF COURSE I bought it, and now I'm really exited to read it. The final book I bought (If I Was Your Girl) I saw on Zoella's second book club, it seemed really interesting and I really wanted to read it, so now I can!



Those are all the books I got, hopefully you gained some inspiration / ideas of what books to add onto your "books to read" list (I know mine is always growing). Let me know what your favourite book is in the comments!

Sarah xxx







Products:
copper wire lights
glasses
watch
pineapple candle
artificial flowers (similar)
plant pot
ring

You May Also Like

4 comments

  1. i love this post so much!! the books i don't own already are definitely being added to my book wish list!! (btw i love all the pictures to this post wow)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been looking for more books to try ever since my winter break started and you've got amazing list here! And even the book covers are pretty! xx

    Kaylee 🌛ㅣJK's Dawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I'm glad I could help you! And I know, I could stare at the covers for hours! xo

      Delete