Best Ever Banana Smoothie

by - 12:11 pm



Hey guys! Today I am going to be sharing with you a recipe for what I believe is the best banana smoothie I've ever had. I've been drinking this ever since I was really young, when my mum used to make it for my brother and I. The ingredients that are put in the smoothie have changed overtime, and now I make one for myself if we have any really ripe bananas in the house, instead of my mum making one for me.

It might seem a bit weird adding an egg into a smoothie, but this gives it more protein and trust me, you can't even taste it. I also like to use Greek yogurt in the smoothie as it is healthier than ice cream but it still thickens the smoothie, and as the yogurt isn't very sweet, I add honey to balance it out.

Be sure to comment your favourite smoothie flavours so that I can try them out, and also let me know if you make this banana smoothie yourself! Enjoy!

(this recipe should make two smoothies)


INGREDIENTS

  • 2 bananas (the riper the better)
  • 1 1/3 cups of milk
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 cup of Greek yogurt 
  • honey to taste

METHOD

1. Cut up the bananas into circular pieces and put them into your blender. 

2. Add the Greek yogurt and the egg into the blender and then the milk. I would recommend doing it in this order, so that your ingredients don't splash if you put the milk in first.
3. Start blending! If you can, add however much honey you would like into the blender whilst it is blending, but if you can't do this then just add the honey in before you start blending.


4. Once there are no lumps, you can pour your smoothie into any glass you like, and enjoy!


You May Also Like

6 comments

  1. I'm definitely going to be trying these out, thanks for the recipe! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smoothies with banana in it are the best! I always try different combinations and I haven't tried smoothie with Greek yogurt! Thanks for sharing xx

    Kaylee 🌛ㅣJK's Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes they are! I'm glad I could give you another option for what you could put in your smoothies! xx

    ReplyDelete